Welcome to the 2nd EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Masterclass
2nd EUROPEAN PRESSURE ULCER PREVENTION AND TREATMENT MASTERCLASS
Hosted by University Centre for Nursing and Midwifery (Ghent University), Ghent University Hospital and EduWond in collaboration with the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP)
Dates: 13 - 15 March 2018
Location: Gent, Belgium
Chairs of the masterclass:
Prof. dr. Dimitri Beeckman (Gent University)
Mr. Steven Smet (Gent University Hospital)
Admission through application only (limited places available)
Main topics will include:
- Pressure ulcer etiology (biomechanics, pressure induced deep tissue injury, microclimate)
- Pressure ulcer risk assessment
- Pressure ulcer diagnosis and classifcation
- Device related pressure ulcers
- Health economics
- Support surfaces for prevention and treatment: biomechanics and clinical evidence
- Case discussions for prevention and treatment (critically ill patients, pediatrics, rehabilitation, palliative care, bariatric patient)
- Treatment: cleansing, debridement, assessment and treatment of infection and bioflms, wound dressings, biological dressing, growth factors and biophysical agent
- Guideline development
- Implementation, quality indicators, quality improvement projects
- Basic principles about research and pressure ulcers
The programme will include:
- lectures by international renowned pressure ulcer experts,
- guided tour in the woundcare department,
- complex case discussions, group work,
- networking event.
The EPUAP will apply for CME accreditation for the 2nd Masterclass.
The 1st EPUAP Masterclass was granted 18 CME credits by the EACCME!
The EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass Programme will be available soon.