Welcome to the 2nd EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Masterclass
2st EUROPEAN PRESSURE ULCER PREVENTION AND TREATMENT MASTERCLASS
Hosted by University Centre for Nursing and Midwifery (Ghent University, Belgium), Ghent University Hospital, and European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP)
Dates: 13 - 15 March 2018
Location: Gent, Belgium
Chairs of the masterclass:
Prof. dr. Dimitri Beeckman (Gent University)
Mr. Steven Smet (Gent University Hospital)
Admission through application only (limited places available)
Main topics will include:
- Etiology and biomechanics of pressure ulcers
- Epidemiology, diagnosis and classification
- Prevention (including specific patients populations)
- Treatment (with a focus on complex cases)
- Guidelines and guideline development
- Implementation, quality indicators, quality improvement projects
- Basic principles about research and pressure ulcers (including health economics)
The programme will include:
- lectures by international renowned pressure ulcer experts,
- guided tour in the woundcare department,
- complex case discussions, group work,
- networking event.
The EPUAP will apply for CME accreditation for the 2nd Masterclass.
The 1st EPUAP Masterclass was granted 18 CME credits by the EACCME!
The EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass Programme will be available soon.