Welcome to the 2nd EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Masterclass
The Masterclass was granted 19 European CME credits!
2nd EUROPEAN PRESSURE ULCER PREVENTION AND TREATMENT MASTERCLASS
Hosted by University Centre for Nursing and Midwifery (Ghent University), Ghent University Hospital and EduWond in collaboration with the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP)
13 - 15 March 2018
Universitair Ziekenhuis Gent / Ghent University Hospital
De Pintelaan 185, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium
Chairs of the EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass 2018:
Prof. Dimitri Beeckman, University Centre for Nursing & Midwifery, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Mr. Steven Smet, RN MSc, Woundcare Coordinator, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Dr. Jan Kottner, Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Science Department of Dermatology and Allergy Charité-Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
The EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass is suitable for specialized clinicians, clinical researchers, basic researchers, educators, and industry who reconize the challenge of preventing and treating pressure ulcers. This international Masterclass will provide an in-depth theoretical and practical basis about pressure ulcer prevention and treatment and will be interactive, practical, and example-filled.
The European expert will share evidence-based information that can immediately be used to improve practice (clinical, research, industry, innovation and education).
There is a limited number of place for this event - admission through application only.
Main topics will include:
- Pressure ulcer etiology (biomechanics, pressure induced deep tissue injury, microclimate)
- Pressure ulcer risk assessment
- Pressure ulcer diagnosis and classifcation
- Device related pressure ulcers
- Health economics
- Support surfaces for prevention and treatment: biomechanics and clinical evidence
- Case discussions for prevention and treatment (critically ill patients, pediatrics, rehabilitation, palliative care, bariatric patient)
- Treatment: cleansing, debridement, assessment and treatment of infection and bioflms, wound dressings, biological dressing, growth factors and biophysical agents
- Guideline development
- Implementation, quality indicators, quality improvement projects
- (Basic principles about) research and pressure ulcers