Welcome to the 3rd EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Masterclass
3rd EUROPEAN PRESSURE ULCER PREVENTION AND TREATMENT MASTERCLASS
Hosted by The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, Charité-Universitätsmedizin and the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
Pictures from Masterclass 2018. Complete photo gallery HERE.
12 - 14 March 2019
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
123 St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Chairs of the EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass 2019:
Prof. Zena Moore, The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Prof. Dimitri Beeckman, University Centre for Nursing & Midwifery, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Dr. Jan Kottner, Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Science Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charité-Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Mr. Steven Smet, RN MSc, Clinical nurse specialist Wound care, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
The EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass is suitable for specialized clinicians, clinical researchers, basic researchers, educators, and industry who reconize the challenge of preventing and treating pressure ulcers. This international Masterclass will provide an in-depth theoretical and practical basis about pressure ulcer prevention and treatment and will be interactive, practical, and example-filled.
The European expert will share evidence-based information that can immediately be used to improve practice (clinical, research, industry, innovation and education).
There is a limited number of place for this event - admission through application only.
THE MASTERCLASS WILL FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
- Aetiology and biomechanics of pressure ulcers
- Epidemiology, diagnosis and classification
- Prevention (including specific patients populations)
- Treatment (with a focus on complex cases)
- Guidelines and guideline development
- Implementation, quality indicators, quality improvement projects
- Basic principles about research and pressure ulcers (including health economics)
PROGRAMME WILL INCLUDE
- lectures by international renowned pressure ulcer experts
- guided tour in the simulation centre
- complex case discussions
- group work
- networking event
The first announcement is available here.